December 17, 2013

ipsy December 2013 "Celebration" review

We all know my obsession with this bag. Honestly, I think the bags got better up to this point! And the stuff I got this month, more than definitely I will use them all!

First look
Signature by English Laundry sample size:
Quick note on this: I had a chance to smell one of them due to it being damaged upon arrival but the other one, I haven't really had a chance to test it out since it was covered in the fragrance of the other. BUT, it smelled amazing and it lasted pretty much all evening on my hands. I love perfumes and I'm pretty picky on the fragrances I put on my body but so far I am loving it.

Nicka K NY in Classic Taupe full size:
Subscribers were either getting this color or a red one. I am actually relieved that I got this color. I'm more of a neutral person when it comes to nail polish...but it's also because I already have more red nail polish than I know what to do with. D:
one coat; outside light
JCat Beauty The Big Lip Pencil in Red Rose full size:
I know I have enough red polish...but I can't get enough of red lip products! I was so sad though that I wasn't going to get the NYX lipstick (D:) but I got this instead. With a little bit of gloss, it adds the right touch for a night out!
swatch; outside light


The One Stick by Be A Bombshell in Girl Crush full size:
I am upset that I got such a soft color. It works better as a lipstick than a blush. It's a bit shimmery too. I mean I can always trade it for a darker color, like Sunset...
outside light
POP Beauty Bright Up Your Life Eye Shadow Trio in Naturally Bare trial size:
I was praying and hoping that this would be the color I get instead of the other one which is basically black and grey. I was so excited seeing that these colors were so bright and looked great on my skin!
with flash
THE BAG:
This is probably my favorite bag out of all the ones I have had this year. It so pretty and great for on-the-go...I just which it would have had what the last bag had (the strap) and it would get a 10 in my book.
red interior, can you say sexy?
I give this bag a 5/5. All of the products were on the most part full sized and I know I will use every single product, even the bag! I think every month ipsy is looking back and just trying to top themselves from the previous bag. Sure, ipsy has gotten a lot of negative feedback about the brands that we get (we get a lot of repeat brands) and "I didn't get this color" and "I didn't get what I wanted".
I am guilty of not always getting what I want. BUT the point of this subscription is to discover and try out new things.

Interested in something new? Click on my link and try it out! For $10, you get your money's worth and then some.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate every comment and respond when I can. I usually respond by email, if not, blog it is!