October 25, 2013

ipsy October 2013 review -- "The Art of Beauty"


I say this every post for ipsy but--I LOVE THIS SUBSCRIPTION. I cannot stress that statement enough lol.
For those of you who are new, ipsy is a monthly beauty subscription bag that sends you 5 beauty items to sample and get to know different brands. They send you products depending on your preferences in your ipsymatch questionnaire and the items that they are promoting that month.

Review:
First look
La Fresh Oil-Free Face Cleanser Wipes sample:
I am well-known to not being spoiler-free when it comes to ipsy. Can't do it. I stalk the crap out of their FB page. Also, thanks to the lovely ipsy website, you can view the products you are getting once your glamroom is up-to-date. I was hoping I'd get this bad boy in my bag. Lo and behold, I got 'em!

Zoya Nail Polish in Giovanna full size ($8.00):
Nail polish in my bag this month? Hell yes. I first got introduced to Zoya in my first bag back in May. According to their website, they have new fall colors coming out and they look amazing.Wish I could've gotten the Neve color but I'm more than okay with this color :D

Big Sexy Hair Blow Dry Gel sample:
I haven't had a chance to try this one just yet, but in my July bag I did use their spray and it worked for my very coarse hair so I would like to see just how well this one will work as well.

Nourish Organic Coconut and Argan Body Lotion sample:
I was never a fan of lotion. Never ever. Let alone the coconut smell. I was trying to do a trade off with someone on the ipsy forum but they backed out on the last second :( Thankfully I found someone else to trade them something I had in a previous bag so thank goodness for that. This might end up in my SIL's posession...

Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in Dolly Mini:

This. Well, I am not a big fan of lip glosses. Never was. I never liked the way they made my lips feel. They have a tingling kind of sensation on the lips and still (like all lip glosses) are pretty sticky. In my trade off, I offered this product as a gift for someone who really wanted it. Yes, I am that generous. Honestly? I would rather give it to someone who would do something with it than it collecting dust.

The bag:
I'm not a big fan of white bags. BUT, ipsy is currently holding a challenge to decorate the bag according to this month's theme. I am still sketching out a few details but I will probably post up the finishing product once I upload it on the ipsy website :)

I give this bag a 3 out of 5. There were only 2 products that I know I will never use but other than that, this bag is well rounded to allow me to try different products. The great part is that they also send you (and place in your glam room) nice little discounts to buy the full-sized product, even off the things you didn't get in your bag!

Wanna give it a try? For $10/month, I think you should just do it. There's a wait list so you should act fast! The sooner, the better.

Disclaimer: This post contains referral links. Unless otherwise noted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate every comment and respond when I can. I usually respond by email, if not, blog it is!