September 24, 2013

ipsy September 2013 "Classic Beauty" Review

Ah, it's finally here! I really really like this subscription and have remained faithful to this particular box. (OK, not a box but it's definitely worth it!)
I have to admit, I cannot remain in the shadows when it comes to the contents of this bag. I follow their FB page like a hawk and find myself reading a number of pages trying to figure out what's the next goodie I'll get. So, without further adieu, let's check out what we got this month!

that ever so familiar packaging
first look
This month, Michelle Phan, the one who started ipsy, gave everyone a sample of her newest thing called the Life Palette. Which is basically are a series of color palettes already picked out for different occasions for your everyday life situations.

I got the "out to lunch" palette to try out. Which of course I haven't... <.< but I will pretty soon. So keep an eye out for that post.

Freeman Beauty Facial Paper Mask:
I had pleaded with the heavens that I would not get something face-related. I am not that big on facial products to begin with and I'm pretty sure I was clear on my profile thing...Hmm. Should check that out. But power to those who know about this particular brand and would love to have something like this. Going to the gift pile!

J-Cat Beauty Fantabulous Lipstick:
Oh how I wished I would've gotten the Caityn Tinted Lip Balm instead. Weh. Well, regardless this is actually pretty nude which helps on those days that I'd rather accentuate my eyes rather than my lips. ;*

NYX Single Eyeshadow (Deep Charcoal):
I hear great things from this brand and I am more than happy to have a new eyeshadow to add to my collection. I only have a palette from Sephora. So this is nice to have.

Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Volumizing Mascara:
More mascara? Looks like I'll be well-stocked until the end of the year. I recently started using the one from last month's bag. So until I run out...you'll be sitting in a bag with all the other stuff I haven't used from ipsy. lol

Starlooks Obsidian Kohl Eye Pencil:
I love eyeliner. I really do. Now, I would've loved to have the liquid eyeliner that they were offering...but meh. I guess none for me. Plus I've been into gel eyeliner which has worked better anyway. So take that!
I liked that it was dark on the first go. Excellent.
The bag:
Sapphire. My birthstone. Automatically a plus. I'd describe this as a sort of floral pattern...but it's really pretty. I put it on the top part of what I liked about this month's pick. That's what I'll be rocking out this month for sure.

I give this bag a 3 out of 5 this month. I didn't hate it but I wasn't in love with it. Plus the whole point is for me to try out new products and see what works for me. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure I'll know someone who would love to have it. Right?

Did you get this month's bag? What's you get? Love it, hate it? Share!
I don't regret it one bit! For $10/mo, you can't just NOT try it!


Disclosure: This link contains referral links.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate every comment and respond when I can. I usually respond by email, if not, blog it is!