July 26, 2013

Ipsy July 2013 "Beach Beauty" review

Hooray, I got my hands on my ipsy bag! 
I'm telling you, I kinda hate knowing what I'm going to get ahead of time simply because it makes me all the more anxious to get it. Plus they should really fix the whole tracking system cause for some reason, USPS had it stuck in GA and DHL said it was in Orlando. -.-; But I have it in my hands after a week and now, on to the review!
That familiar pink packaging
First Look
Nailtini Straight up Color Nail Lacquer in Mai Tai ($13.00):
I'm not too crazy about the color but actually I have found that those orange-y tones look good on my nails. Plus it's nail polish. I can't say no to nail polish.
I did a little research on this company since I had never heard of them before. Apparently it's exactly what I thought of when I saw the name. A nail-tini, a mixture of different shades of color to make one brilliant color. They do the same for lipstick for those who are lipstick crazy...so check them out!

COOLA Mineral Face SPF 20 Unscented Moisturizer ($-):
I am picky about what kind of stuff I put on my face. I had needed to use a sunscreen on my face this week because I was running in the sun and it was actually pretty light on my skin. Did its job. Then I saw the description on the ipsy website:
This sunscreen is hypoallergenic, paraben-free, ultra sheer, anti-aging, and water resistant for 40 minutes.
Seriously? 40 minutes? -.-
Would I buy this? Not really. But for those who can cough up the dough for sunscreen like this, then by all means...

BH Cosmetics Califormia Collection Eyeshadow Sample ($-):
I have to be honest. I could not try this on just yet. The colors look like the type I could use for my nice green eyes...but I don't know. I guess I have no idea how to rightfully apply eyeshadow. <.< I did a swatch on my skin and the colors came out pretty good and not so overpowering. (Should've taken that picture D:)

POP Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon - Coral Crush ($4.00; crayon kit $25)
I gotta say, I was a little like "whaaaa?" with the color. (Have I mentioned how much I dislike pink?) Until I put it on. The result is this right here:
The first one was taken in my bathroom, the second picture in my room with some daylight coming in. The color is actually not that bad. Close to nude but not quite so I am in love!

Sexy Hair Weather Proof Humidity Resistant Spray Travel Size ($6.00):
I have a lot of hair. LIKE A LOT OF HAIR. Super prone to frizziness. I gave this a try since I hear good things about this brand. But I was a bit disappointed. It's not a hair spray, it's like the leave-in condition concept. But my hair still managed to -poof- it's way to a crazy lion's mane. The product I normally use on my hair is either Cantu Shea Butter Leave in Conditioner or (since I have like a gajillion travel size bottles) It's a 10 Miracle Leave In. But maybe it works for other people?

The Bag:
The bag itself worked well with the summer theme ipsy was going for. I give them credit for that, plus now I have a cute little bag for those rare opportunities I get to go to the beach :)

I didn't really tally up the total value of the bag because (sadly) I was given a lot more sample products than the last bag. But regardless, for $10, I think it's worth an investment to get a try of products that you may end up loving. Wanna try it out? Click here for my referral!

Disclaimer: This post may contain referral links.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate every comment and respond when I can. I usually respond by email, if not, blog it is!