June 25, 2013

Ipsy June 2013 "On the Wild Side" review

This is my second Ipsy bag and I couldn't help but see spoilers everywhere, and I mean EVERYWHERE. Facebook, Ipsy website...<.< So I knew more or less what to expect just NOT exactly what I was going to get. At least I save myself from knowing that part. [Ipsy created this bag using the results from the ipsymatch quiz. Let's see how accurate it is.]
The expected pink packaging

First look
NYX Mosiac Powder "Spice" ($7.00):
I have never used blush before since my cheeks are naturally rosy from all the times that I blush blush. But I am willing to try this out. It's got a blend of 5 different colors for a more natural look and I can't wait to see how it'll look on my pale-ness. (About time I get some color into my life lol)

Starlooks Lip liner "Tipsy" ($12.00): 
I have to admit, I was excited that I was FINALLY going to have some lip liner. I have never bought lip liner before and I wish I would've gotten the color red (or reddish). But this is not that bad to be honest. It works well with my skin tone and I think I can pull off using red lipstick (also I can definitely use this with the Mirabella lipstick I got in the last bag!)

Cailyn Cosmetics Gel Eyeliner with built-in brush "Iron"($21.00):
I seriously think I should have taken a picture of how amazing this gel eyeliner is. I really LOVE it. I recently discovered how much better gel eyeliner is than liquid(*). (I know, I know, but I'm no beauty expert.) I was scared that I was going to get purple but lucky me, right? Best part is the built-in brush which is a little wide for my taste, but its the space saver that sells it to me.

J CAT Beauty Sparkling Cream Palette ($4.49) + J CAT Eyelash with Eyelash Glue ($3.99):
Maybe someone can clear this up for me: Do you or do you not use it on your face? I am not too fond of glitter or fake eyelashes. So this was probably not my favorite in the bag this month. The cream palette, Halloween/costume worthy but not for everyday use. The fake eyelashes, I have never used them before. I still have a pair from E.L.F and I haven't even tried them yet...you know what this means. GTS. Google, how can I ever thank you?

I wasn't too crazy about the leopard print bag, but it goes with the theme for the month so I excuse it this one time. This month's value came out to $48 making it a bang for your buck (10 bucks actually). If you wanna try it out, click here!

If you got this month's bag, what did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate every comment and respond when I can. I usually respond by email, if not, blog it is!