June 24, 2013

52 Weeks of Blogging with A Purpose; Show & Tell Monday-- Week 2

Today's theme is 10 Things I live for:
1. My kids.

This is a no brainer. I mean, those kids are part of me and I love them more and more every day. I'd like to think that they love me too :)
2. My husband.
Ok this was probably like 2 years ago, but one of my favs
of just the 2 of us.
Another no brainer. He is the love of my life. We have such great chemistry but at the same time we are so different...But it works, you know? He's my best friend and my greatest critic but I love it. I wouldn't change anything about him.
3. My family.
We are dysfunctional, at each other's throats half the time and still, we love each other more than anything in the world.
4. Starry nights.
I know where I live there are WAY too many street lights on and you can't see a damn star in the sky. But sometimes, you'll find yourself in a dark place where there are barely any lights on and you can see a lot of those little diamonds in the sky. I think back on the first time I ever saw so many stars in the sky and it's absolutely breathtaking and I envy every astronaut that has ever been up in space.
5. Random phone calls/texts/messages from anyone I haven't seen in ages.
I am really BAD at keeping in touch with friends. My best friend of 10 years can attest to this. But when someone remembers that I exist, my heart swells up. And I love it.
6. Music. Especially when it can give me goosebumps.
Music, in all it's different genres have something special. Have you ever heard a song that can make your hairs stand on end? I have. It's addicting. [I enjoy a lot of different types of music ranging from classical pieces to thrash metal. XD]
7. Afternoon tea/coffee.
Many of you don't know this, but I am Hispanic. My parents are from Chile. The afternoon tea/coffee thing is a HUGE tradition in my family. Although we don't live together anymore, I like to practice this tradition for the sake of reminiscing all the good times.
8. Friends...and anyone who is close to my heart.
I couldn't very well leave this out, could I? I am a bad friend sometimes (read #5) but to those who have stuck around after all these years, are the ones I know were worth keeping and they feel the same way. :)
9. Dramas.
Yes, I live for this. It is part my persona and I enjoy a sobfest from time to time. This is something I find that helps me let out some good emotions and reminds me that I am human...I can't always be stone-faced. I'd die if I become that way permanently.
10. Video games.
Whether it's on my 3DS, Xbox or Wii, I love it. I love playing video games. Maybe it's the art, maybe it's the art form of kicking ass, maybe it's the those brain teasers I love so much. But something about video games makes it worthwhile and brings out the kid in me. I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate every comment and respond when I can. I usually respond by email, if not, blog it is!