May 29, 2013

bluum May 2013 Review "Solid!" (5 month old)

This is my first bluum box! It's so exciting to see a new box just waiting for me, it's like Christmas! So, since I got my Stork Stack and Citrus Lane already, this was the last one to get here this month.

The box
Apparently, the boxes used to be much smaller...
First View
Ok, I cheated. More like bluum made me cheat. After you get your box delivered, they send you an email with all the details of the goodies you get in your box that month. I was surprised when I saw so many things!

There's themes to your box every month depending on your child's age. E is turning 5 months next week, so this month's box was "Solid". Here is the introductory card regarding baby's first solid foods.

Inside, I found a magazine "Chicago Parent", a 20% off coupon for Angel Dear and another little card about another product (it was accidentally thrown away...)

B Kids Sandfish Rattle ($12.00):
As I mentioned before, anything that's a toy for E is plus in my book. I can't wait to have her try it out! It has all sorts of ridges and different surfaces that I'm sure will keep E entertained for some time.

Icky Bib-Girl ($6.99):
I have no problem washing E's bibs after she finishes eating. But, this is not a bad idea to have. It helps when I'm on the go and the bib she has is already filthy.

mOmma spoon ($4.99):
Now that E has started eating solid food, having another spoon is a great thing. I don't remember how many times I found myself without a spoon because I accidentally left it at my mom's house or my mother-in-law left it behind, etc. It has a soft tip so that's great for her gums (she's been pretty sensitive since her gums have been bugging her) and it has a round bottom shape that's easy for her to hold. (She likes holding her own spoon...)

Nuturme Plump Peas (Dried Baby Food) Pouch ($10.00):
I have seen this before in different reviews and I am still like wth? I have never used powder-like baby food before. It's just like rice cereal where you add breastmilk or formula to it. One pouch is equal to a 2.5 oz jar. Once I start giving her veggies, I might consider this for her to try. Regardless, I'm taking out her little blender I can finally use (baby shower gift).

Angel Dear Monster Blanket Green ($13.00):
When I read "blanket" I expected blanket size. But it's more like a cuddle blanket, it's small (13"x 13", I believe) but it's soft (cashmere soft, yum) and it has the little monster head. I'm not too fond of the monster head but E is really enjoying it! Reminds me of one that JD used to have but it was Mickey Mouse and it was blue. He still has it, heh. He used to really love that thing...

Bobo Buddy Pacifier Holder ($11.00):
E kinda started using pacifiers. And I really mean kinda. She puts it in her mouth but she spits right out after a while. Even though I don't see myself really needing this, for those mommas who do have babies with pacifiers. This looks like a good method of finding where the hell the paci fell this time.

Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer ($5.00):
I am really well aware of this brand since my days at Bath and Body Works. I currently use a cuticle moisturizer that I oh so very much love. The color is subtle enough for an everyday use, perfect for those quick moments when I'm out the door in a rush.

The box came out to a value of $62.98 which is awesome! For only $24.95/mo, it's worth it. Here's my referral link to try out a box.

And now that I got all my boxes, I'm weighing out the pros and cons of each box and which one is truly worthwhile. Oooo the suspense!

~Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate every comment and respond when I can. I usually respond by email, if not, blog it is!