May 30, 2013

Thursday Thoughts

- I love the fact that I lost 5 lbs! I feel so good about myself that I feel a bit more motivated to keep on with the death known as Crossfit.

- Cramming 3 months of schoolwork into 6 weeks? Never again.

- E has a stare that will go right through to your soul...I find myself just staring at her and wondering "What are you thinking?"

- This month has gone by so fast, it's crazy! Pretty soon, it'll be the end of the year all over again and my kids will be one year older and one year closer to becoming adults...

- I was doing my morning routine of coffee and blog-reading, when I saw a video on FB today that made me think about a few things. First off, the girl in the video, the almost-crying voice was killing me. (If youtube had an accurate CC I would forever love them.) Second, the point of her vlog was to point out how people would bully her because she looked like a fake nerd. When you think of nerd, you think weird-looking people with acne problems and not so good looking. This girl was rather attractive with big breasts. OK, so she developed. But that doesn't mean she isn't a nerd. I consider myself a nerd simply for my love of comic books, video games, manga, cons and so many other nerdy/geeky things that I have liked since forever. It does upset me however that a lot of girls have gone into a "OMG IM A NERD" kind of phase just to fit in. When those of us who are true nerds, never fit in the first place. [I was an awkward child with a strange group of friends.]

- Grey's Anatomy? What have I gotten myself into? T.T I decided to watch it from Season 1 and I'm not sure if I totally regret my decision...it's the drama. I am addicted to drama. (Esp. j-drama)

What are you thinking about today?
- Mel

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking that I don't remember Thursday! My cousin's kid is an OMG I'm a nerd kid, but she's super into manga and an artist. My kinda girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate every comment and respond when I can. I usually respond by email, if not, blog it is!