May 23, 2013

Ipsy May 2013 "Spring Fling" Review


This is my very first Ipsy bag and I was super excited to see what I would get in my bag! (OK, I cheated. I saw what I would "get" but there were a few things that were a surprise...)

This is the pink packaging it comes in. Very chic.
First View
So when you open this bad boy up, you see the bag (Edward saw the bag and he was like "ANOTHER LITTLE MAKEUP BAG????", yes. Another one.) 
I like the color and I like how it's not too big and it's not too small, the other two that I have are super long and look like a pencil case -.- and plain black.

Zoya Nail Polish ($8.00):

I'm not a big fan of anything pink. But this pink is actually really nice, it has a nice shimmer to it. It's super light on my nails that it looks like I could pull it off if I don't wanna wear something too loud or out there.
Oh and did I mention, I LOVE nail polish! I have a HUGE collection at home of all sorts of colors...so the fact that I got nail polish in my bag is a BIG PLUS.

Yaby Concealer Refill ($5.06):

First reaction: HOLY SH*T, that's tiny! Probably no bigger than a nickel. I'm not much of a beauty buff, nor do I really wear concealer...but damn, that's tiny. lol This was probably the ONLY thing I did not really enjoy in my bag since I could not see why I would use it...I was blessed with good skin :)

Pacifica Roll-on Perfume Tahitian Gardenia ($12.00):

I used to work at a Bath and Body Works (I was a faithful employee for 3 years...no really. I have a vast collection of my favorite scents. I used to always come home with a BBW bag with new scents or just to stock up). They had this scent named Gardenia. Very soft smell, not overpowering like lets say, Japanese Cherry Blossom. So, when I saw the name, I knew what to expect and so happy that I didn't get the other one. It's not crazy musky but it's the right amount of musk and soft on those with super smelling abilities.

Mirabella Lipstick "Posy" ($22.00):
I recently got into wearing lipstick when I go out (that's an if and when...). The only lipstick I really have is from Sephora and it's red (apparently I pull off red since I am white as heck). Now I have 2! I put it on, and it's not the really RED color like the Sephora one I have, but it's a good combo of pink and red.

Anastasia Mini Clear Brow Gel ($22.00):

I have never used brow gel before and I can't wait to try it out! I was blessed with good skin but my eyebrows need work. -.- I got my dad's weird eyebrows...so this is probably a sign. Maintain them!

So, the bag was valued at $69.06 which is a steal! I absolutely LOVED my first bag and I can't wait to get my next bag! (Yes, I decided this is the one I will keep subscribing to because it's totally worth it!) I am always looking to get new beauty products to replace the ones that have already met their shelf life...D:

If you wanna subscribe to your first Ipsy bag, click here. For only $10, I think you should at least try it once!


- Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I read and appreciate every comment and respond when I can. I usually respond by email, if not, blog it is!